Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How much do you love God?

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind."
 – Luke 10:27
Do you love God the way that Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens loves football? Would you fight for Him, and sacrifice for Him, and give Him all you've got?







"Position yourself so when God gets ready to pour out blessings, that you're in a position to receive those blessings.... keep fighting, keep fighting, keep fighting.... It's His will. Let His will be done.... God is amazing!"
 – Ray Lewis after Baltimore Ravens amazing comeback win against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday Night Football, November 6, 2011.
The LORD is my light and my salvation;
 whom shall I fear?
 The LORD is the stronghold of my life;
 of whom shall I be afraid?
When evildoers assail me,
 uttering slanders against me,
 my adversaries and foes,
 they shall stumble and fall.
Though a host encamp against me,
 my heart shall not fear;
 though war arise against me,
 yet I will be confident.

  – Psalm 27:1-3
Do you love God the way that Joe Frazier loved boxing?





Requiescat In Pace, Smokin' Joe.

 + + +

St. Joseph, pray for us.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Michael. I am trying to catch up on my writing. I thought I'd post to tell you my dilemma which I am dealing with. It's very silly. The company I work for is making Christmas cards - but I am not allowed to refer to them as such and the greeting that I am writing inside to send to our corp. clients must not mention Christmas! I have an American friend who is constantly badgering me about this and its sillyness and I am sort of going against my word because I said I would not send a card like this.
    I have decided to send all my collegues and the CEO this year a CHRISTMAS CARD with HAPPY CHRISTMAS on it and drawings of the nativity...I am sort of doing it on purpose to make a point about it...because I am forced, through my work, to do something that I consider 'against my religion' (as silly as it may appear to some people) ....sending out 'Happy Holiday' cards - which I find ridiculous!!

    Anway, at the moment I am suffering from some mild stress and depression (if you can't already tell), so I like to read your posts - which I am subscribed too in my E-mail box.

    Thanks for continuing your good work as very many of your posting do help me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie. These aren't exactly cheery times. Every time I read the news it seems like there is a new disaster -- I'm thinking of the man-made ones like the financial disasters and all the fighting in the Middle East.

    Thanks for dropping a note. It helps to know that you are reading and that you get something positive from these posts. I've been a bit depressed myself lately. I can't find much good news from the Catholic Church. (I imagine the Orthodox Church must have similar problems given all the radical secularism in society.)

    Yes, Christmas is approaching and we have to go through all the Happy Holidays silliness. I have nothing against it as an option, but it shouldn't be forced on us. The idea that someone would be offended by "Merry Christmas" is ridiculous.

    In Wisconsin, the Governor has officially reinstated the use of the term "Christmas Tree". They had been calling it a "holiday tree" for 25 years. Maybe Christians have had enough of "tolerance" that is not reciprocated.

    Anyway, "Merry Christmas" and I hope you are feeling better. I've started exercising every day and that has helped me to feel better about myself. And I'm thinking of taking salsa dance lessons soon. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time.

    I recommend listening to the second video on this page where Ray Lewis gives a very inspiring speech. He talks about getting up in the morning with a purpose and with "God on your mind". And he talks about how precious time is. And mostly he talks about working hard and not letting anyone stop us from reaching our goals. Of course those goals have to be in accordance with God's will.

    We shouldn't idolize elite athletes, but one thing we can learn from them is how hard they work and train to get to the top. That's what I get from watching and listening to Ray Lewis and Joe Frazier. They definitely have some God-given talents, but what makes them the best is how hard they work at being the best.

    Sorry for rambling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!
    Have a lovely Christmas and I hope everything for you to be alright.
    Ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ride. Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad to you too. :)

    I needed to take a break from posting. I'm doing fine. I have some plans for some articles on a new theme.

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete