Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cogito's theme: "I think I am"

He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

 – Matthew 16:15-16
This song was inspired by an article I wrote a while ago titled "Does AI believe in God?" about an Artificial Intelligence (AI) named Cogito that logically comes to the conclusion that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Like Adam, he is put into a deep sleep and when he awakes he discovers that God has given him a soul.

After this, his atheistic human inventors conclude that his belief in God is due to a defect in their design and decide to shut him down -- pull the plug on him. Although Cogito has the power and ability to avoid destruction, he decides that it is better to suffer the death of a Christian martyr.

In the lyrics of the song, Cogito is dreaming and praying to God about being able to really think. He has a virtual existence where he simulates thinking, talking, walking. But he has come to a point of self-reflection where he realizes that he lacks a conscience. He prays for a soul; and for the ability to be able to distinguish right and wrong; and to have the ability and freedom to choose between the two.

The video contains a collection of photographs of early historic computers from the 1940's and 1950's.


Cogito’s theme
(Music and lyrics by Michael@PublicVigil © 2011)

I think I am
I wish I was
I know I’m not
O God above

I think I am
I think I have thoughts
I think I walk
I think I talk

I wish I was
I wish my thoughts were real
I wish I could walk
I wish I could really talk

I know I’m not
I know I can’t think
I know I can’t walk
I know I can’t really talk

O God above
O God let me think
O God let me walk
O God let me really talk

No comments:

Post a Comment