Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Very disturbing anti-Christian news

"Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy."
 – Revelation 22:11
There are some incredibly disturbing and mind boggling stories out today. I can't quite get my head around them enough to write a full article so I'll limit myself to making a few comments.
NYT's Bill Keller Questions Faith of G.O.P. Candidates, Compares Belief in God to Belief in Aliens
Keller, the outgoing executive editor for the Times, got off on the wrong foot by mockingly comparing the candidates’ Christian beliefs to belief in space aliens. Then he made the latest in his impressive string of column factual errors, identifying the Catholic politician Rick Santorum as an evangelical Christian.

Google Won't Give Churches Same Break It Gives Other Non-Profits
The new initiative united a robust set of Google's tools into one program, but it also came with new guidelines that excluded numerous entities, including schools, political thinktanks, churches, proselytizing groups, and any organization that considers religion or sexual orientation in hiring decisions.
The common theme here is the blatant anti-Christian nature of these two news stories. I can't believe that American society would tolerate this level of anti-Christian bigotry by two major US companies - the New York Times and Google.

I have criticized both of these companies in the past for having an anti-Christian bias, but these latest actions are far beyond anything that I could have imagined.

As I ponder in my mind what could be motivating such attacks on Christianity, the one thing that sticks out for me is the Obama presidency. As Michele Bachmann said, this is "the most radical" President we have ever had. He is the most anti-Christian and it creates an environment in which these type of actions become permissible. These companies know that they are not going to get a call from the White House saying that what they are doing is un-American.

Everything changed when Barack Obama stepped into the White House. Suddenly, "homosexual marriage" is considered acceptable. Even the legalization of pedophilia is being openly discussed:
‘Evil’: Attendees at prominent pro-pedophilia conference horrified by sessions
Also discussed were arguments that an adult’s desire to have sex with children is “normative” and that the APA’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) ignores the fact that pedophiles “have feelings of love and romance for children” in the same way adult heterosexuals and homosexuals have romantic feelings for one another.
President Obama has destroyed the US economy, but what is even worse is the damage he has done to the moral infrastructure of our nation. Without an underlying moral foundation, American society will crumble. And I'm afraid we are already seeing that happen.

Honestly. I feel sick to my stomach right now.

2 comments:

  1. I heard these stories. Over the past two years I've been reading a rather controversial blog/pod-cast which deals with some of the issues mentioned in your post about the news.

    Recently I was not surprised to find out that it has now been confirmed, there was and is a liberal agenda in the entertainment industry. SO I am waiting to read more and more about these subjects and also to see how nearly EVERYTHING out there provided by the 'media' is in fact ALL Anti-Christian..Even the 'apparently' Christian commentators are turning out to be pretty radically NON-Christian in their views and comments.

    Here in Cyprus we have a very high-profile supposed orthodox christian theological teacher (he's a young guy) always on the TV...I noticed he now has a seat in the Parliment, yet if you look into his views and comments you find things like 'I'm not sure there really was a virgin birth', and 'God is not actually what you think he is, he may not actually be a God in the sense of the word'....is this not absolutely appauling? I mentioned that this guy MUST be a plant...because what he is doing is causing major confusion in the religious population that follow his every word, the people that voted him into the Government....he's actually a closet-atheist!!!

    Marty aka Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marty! I hope you had a good summer. Yes, we seem to be in a new era or at least a new phase in the secular agenda. Comments and opinions that before would only have been heard on the fringes of society have now gone mainstream. As I said before, I blame it in large part to the influence of Obama.

    Can you believe that I actually supported that guy in the beginning? I used to be liberal, but now that I see where the liberals are headed I just can't support them anymore. I still don't really consider myself a conservative. (I wasn't even a faithful Catholic until recently.)

    When I started my blog, I was just reacting to some of the themes in movies and music videos. But the more I dug into the origins of some of these ideas that keep popping up in our popular culture, I realized that eugenics was behind a lot of it. And that led me back to the Catholic Church because I could see how the teachings against contraception and sexual immorality had such a profound impact and are the antithesis of eugenics. God said, "Be fruitful and multiply". We still believe that in the Catholic Church. (And I assume the Orthodox Church as well.)

    So about your orthodox christian teacher, well Obama claimed to be Christian in the beginning. But now its clear that he is a secular humanist or a "closet-atheist" as you say.

    As for the entertainment industry, I can't even stomach most movies or TV anymore. Anyone who is not willing to sell sex is not going to last very long in the industry no matter how talented they are.

    Right now, I'm just waiting for Justin Bieber to announce he is gay. It's the perfect setup since he claims to be Christian, but there is nothing very Christian about his stage show. Oh sure, there are a couple of songs that are sort of Christian-lite.

    The thing you have to understand Marty is that some celebrities will pretend to be Christian, but really they are humanists like Obama. They follow a vague moral code which has some similarities to Christianity, but notice that according to them abortion is OK. Because that supports their "moral code" with regards to women. Never mind that women are actually victims in abortions.

    So yes there is a lot of Christian-lite teaching out there which starts with humanism, and then tries to wrap a Christian cover around it. So naturally they have to get rid of the parts of Christianity which is not in agreement with their thinking.

    But it's supposed to be the other way around. You're supposed to start with the teachings of Christ and then change your life to follow God's will. But for the humanist crowd it's, "My will be done!"

    ReplyDelete