Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

When the pope is wrong

Now faith is the substance of things to be hoped for, the evidence of things that appear not.
 -- Epistle Of Saint Paul To The Hebrews 11:1
"When the pope is wrong" is the title of a talk by Dr. William Marra. I have provided excerpts from it in the following video:



I want to make it clear that this talk was given during the pontificate of John Paul II (I don't know the year.) So nothing in this video is specifically relevant to the current pope.

However, there is a growing chorus of voices that are highlighting errors by the pope in recent interviews. It is therefore interesting to hear what Dr. Marra has to say about different scenarios in which the pope can be wrong.

Please note that I am providing limited excerpts from the speech, however I have not provided the full speech because it is not freely available. You can download it for $1.50 at:
http://www.keepthefaith.org/detail.aspx?ID=151

Keep the Faith is an excellent Catholic site with many informative talks by Dr. Marra and others. I just wish that they would make these freely available so that more people could access them.

I also want to say how much this situation saddens me. I will continue praying for the pope and I ask that you do the same.

The icon that appears in the video depicts the death of the Blessed Virgin and her assumption into heaven. What sadder time was there for the Church than this?

 + Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment