Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dear God

"Our Father who art in Heaven,
Hallowed by Thy name."

Dear God,

I don't think it's working out between us. You always seem angry and I can never seem to satisfy you. It seems like we've been fighting a lot lately and I don't know why. I just want to be able to do whatever I want and that seems to bother you.

Like the other day I was talking to this other guy and you got so jealous. It didn't mean anything. He was just being nice but it seemed to bother you so much. I have to say he is much more cool about things than you are. He turned me on to some new music which has a great beat for dancing. So what if the lyrics are kind of weird. I just don't pay attention to them.

Anyway, I think I need some space and want to try new things. I hope you aren't too hurt, but I have to tell you that it's over between me and you. I thing you're a really nice guy and I hope you can find someone else that will understand you better than I did. We can still be friends. Right?

Your friend,
Cathy Catolica

 ----

Dear Cathy,

I know that it is not easy to love me. I know that I am very demanding. But it is because I want you to be the best person that you can be. I want you to know what it is like to be truly free and not be afraid of anyone or anything.

I will always love you and I will always be there for you. You can always come back to me and I will forgive you for everything as long as you are sincerely sorry for the bad things that you have done.

And although I share this same love for everyone, I have a special place in my heart for you. I love you so much that I would die for you. I would sacrifice everything for you -- even my only son.

Yes, I am very jealous and I will not share you with others. If you love me, you must give up all others and be willing to follow me wherever I lead. You know I will never lead you astray and that I will always comfort you and protect you.

This new guy that you met is a liar. Eventually you will realize this. He promises happiness and freedom, but in the end he will make you hate yourself and you will become his slave. But you must always remember that he has no real power over you -- only the power that you give him. He will tell you that you are not good enough to come back to me after all the things he will lead you to do, but this is just another one of his lies. I will be happier than ever to see you come back and turn away from him.

I am praying for you. And all the angels and saints are praying for you. Remember that I chose you; I created you for a purpose... to love me.

Love,
God

No comments:

Post a Comment