Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Too bad for Kasper that true Catholic reporters still exist

Too bad for Kasper that true Catholic reporters still exist

I concluded my latest "bergoglio joke of the day" [LINK] with the following "dialogue"...

~~~

poor kasper...

yes, his comments about the African bishops did not go over very well...

if only it had not been recorded... he could have denied the comments...

well, he did try to deny them anyway...

but what kind of reporter would make such a recording public...?

a Catholic one?

yes, I suppose... they still exist?

apparently so... glory be to God...

~~~

And now Michael Voris has released a video where he interviews said Catholic reporter -- Edward Pentin.

http://youtu.be/gPXxsanvT5Y

Well done Edward Pentin!

Well done Michael Voris!

Yours in Christ,
Michael @ Public Vigil

=====

More links...

Copy of original story by Edward Penting that was posted on Zenit but later removed with comments from Rorate Caeli -- LINK

Reaction from Rorate Caeli to the removal by Zenit of the interview -- LINK

The recording of the interview with Kasper that Edward Pentin posted online -- LINK

Link to Zenit page where the interview was originally published... "The page you were looking for doesn't exist." -- LINK

=====

Kasper's denial...

LINK

“I am shocked.  I never said such a thing about Africans and would never say such a thing either.  I declare: no one from Zenit contacted me in recent days and weeks and no one asked me for an interview.  No one from Zenit got an interview from me.”  Kasper also announced that he would take the Zenit news agency to task.

=====

Patheos blogger Deacon Greg Kandra takes the poisonous bait from Kasper and runs with it... "In the Kasper-Pentin fiasco, they’re both wrong". [No link provided because I do not want to feed the hungry wolves at Patheos...]

Of course, this is par for the course for Patheos... I wonder if Deacon Greg consulted on this story with his fellow Patheos blogger -- potty-mouth Mark Shea...

Word is that Patheos bloggers get paid by the number of page hits... so it is not surprising that they come up with the most provocative titles for their stories possible... as anyone associated with the media knows... controversy and sensationalism is good for business...

So please don't feed the wolves at Patheos... don't link to their stories and don't visit their website. Let them die of starvation!

=====

Below is the statement by Edward Pentin that accompanies the recording of the Kasper interview. (He also includes a full transcript of the interview at the bottom of the page.)

I highly recommend listening to the full recording of the interview and reading the transcript. It gives you a feel for how a Modernist thinks and talks...

In the interview Kasper speaks quite candidly about his heretical views -- including how he has NO respect at all for Christ or Holy Scripture... the man is an ATHEIST! That's all there is to it. I call him little Judas, while bergoglio is big Judas.

... and both bergoglio and Kasper were made cardinals of the Church by ("saint"?) John Paul II (on the same day!)... knowing full well that they were both heretics...

LINK

http://edwardpentin.co.uk/statement-on-cardinal-kasper-interview/

His Eminence Cardinal Walter Kasper spoke to me and two other journalists, one British, the other French, around 7.15pm on Tuesday as he left the Synod hall.

I transcribed the recording of our conversation, and my iPhone on which I recorded the exchange was visible. I introduced myself as a journalist with the [National Catholic] Register, and the others also introduced themselves as journalists. I therefore figured the interview was on the record and His Eminence appeared happy to talk with us. In the end, I posted the full interview in ZENIT rather than the Register. ZENIT removed the article on Thursday in response to Cardinal Kasper’s denial.

His Eminence made no comment about not wanting his remarks published. It depends on the context, but normally in such a situation, comments are considered on the record unless otherwise requested.

The recording can be downloaded below. A couple of the questions came from the other two journalists and I included them as part of the interview. Some of the quality of the English has also been improved for publication.

If there was a misunderstanding, I apologise, but I stand by the interview that was published as a correct account of the exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment