Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

What did Burke really say.... Part II

What did Burke really say.... Part II

(Stay tuned for Part III...)

This Tweet is from @jlfeder aka J Lester Feder who apparently is the one who actually interviewed Cardinal Burke for BuzzFeed News.

LINK ( Tweeted at 6:07pm Eastern Time - 17 Oct 14 )

"We've added a complete transcript of my exchange with Cardinal Burke abt his removal from the signature: http://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/conservative-cardinal-who-clashed-with-pope-francis-confirms#32if3q2"

Thanks to Rorate Caeli for requesting the link via Twitter!

Now if Rorate could get them to publish THE REST OF THE TRANSCRIPT!

I may be going blind -- that's true -- but I don't see anything in the "complete" transcript provided so far that says "Pope has done a lot of harm" or anything like that... "truth in advertising" much?

======

The official incomplete "complete" transcript follows. (It's now available at the bottom of the original article.)

LINK

BuzzFeed News: I should ask you about the reports that you're being removed from the Signatura. What message is that sending? Do you think you are being removed in part because of how outspoken you have been on these issues?

Cardinal Burke: The difficulty — I know about all the reports, obviously. I've not received an official transfer yet. Obviously, these matters depend on official acts. I mean, I can be told that I'm going to be transferred to a new position but until I have a letter of transfer in my hand it's difficult for me to speak about it. I'm not free to comment on why I think this may be going to happen.

BFN: Have you been told that you will be transferred?

CB: Yes.

BFN: You're obviously a very well-respected person. That must be disappointing.

CB: Well, I have to say, the area in which I work is an area for which I'm prepared and I've tried to give very good service. I very much have enjoyed and have been happy to give this service, so it is a disappointment to leave it.

On the other hand, in the church as priests, we always have to be ready to accept whatever assignment we're given. And so I trust that by accepting this assignment, I trust that God will bless me, and that's what's in the end most important. And even though I would have liked to have continued to work in the Apostolic Signatura, I'll give myself to whatever is the new work that I'm assigned to...

BFN: And that is as the chancellor to the Order of Malta, is that right?

CB: It's called the patron of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, that's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment